We welcome those who are currently serving as Lay Preachers and Worship Leaders in the United Reformed Church to deepen their faith by engaging in sustained theological study, building on their existing training.
The college frequently runs short courses on, e.g., homiletics, rites of passage, etc., for those preparing for a range of ministries. These courses are taught by members of the Westminster teaching staff or our colleagues in the wider Federation. Often we teach modules together, which creates an exciting ecumenical environment for learning.
If you would like to audit a module or two from the suite of Durham Common Awards, there are a number that would further equip you for your ministry, including:
• Introduction to the New Testament
• Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible in Context
Theology, Ministry and Mission
• Introduction to Christian Worship
• Introduction to Pastoral Care
• Exploring Leadership and Theology for Ministry and Mission
• Mission and Apologetics in Contemporary Culture
• Adult Education for the Learning Church
• Denominational History & Principles
• Introduction to Christian Doctrine
• Brief Introduction to Church History
• Christian Faith and Ethical Living
These modules are all taught intensively over 3-5 days. Some modules are based at Westminster and taught by Westminster staff. Other modules are based at Ridley Hall and taught by other staff of the Cambridge Theological Federation, although sometimes Westminster staff contribute to them as well.
If you would like more information about our offerings for lay preachers and worship leaders, please contact the Tutorial Office (or on 01223 33 06 49), who will then connect you with the Director of Church Resource Development if necessary.